Thursday, July 11, 2013

Juan in a Million

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW.

Sorry guys. Final exams, France, and summer school/work just really let this get away from me!
But as I'm currently not in Austin for the summer, I thought I would go ahead and update so when I get back I can star back up!

Today's review is for Juan in a Million, probably one of the best-known Mexican restaurants in Austin. Located a little east of 35, it's a bit difficult to find parking- so prepare for that. It's always super crowded (but that's gotta mean it's super good, right?)

The first time Drew and I came here, I got a bacon, egg, and cheese taco. It was pretty good, but I prefer the breakfast tacos from my hometown. The next time around we went inside to eat and I was told to get the Don Juan.

Pause.

Wait for it.



THIS IS THE DON JUAN.

And this picture is a to-go Don Juan. When you eat in, you get several tortillas and a pile of the eggs, bacon, potato, and cheese and you just go for it-y ou can make the tacos as big or small as you want. It's delicious and magical and sooooooooooooo good. The only thing I wish could be better is the hot sauce- I'm not very fond of it. When we ate in, the service was very speedy, even though it was so crowded.

I don't have a picture of the actual restaurant, but it's very cluttered on the inside, which I seem to like for some reason. All along the walls are newspaper clippings about the restaurant, or celebrities shaking hands with Don Juan himself.

When you eat in, the owner, Juan Meza, often walks around, checking up on the customers, shaking their hands, and just making sure everyone is having a nice day. It's a very pleasant atmosphere.

I think I would give Juan in a Million a 4/5. The tacos are very good, but I just can't shake the deliciousness that is Taco Loco back home. DEFINITELY worth a try if you're in Austin and you haven't tried it for some reason. I definitely look forward to coming here whenever I can.

They're open every day from 7 am-3 pm, and around noon they're REALLY crowded.

Prices are super affordable. A normal breakfast taco is like $2.25. The Don Juan, which you can easily split into 2-3 meals, is priced at $4.50. I've only had breakfast, but I'm sure the lunch prices aren't that much higher.

Juan in a Million

No comments:

Post a Comment