Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Long time, no blog. PUEBLO VIEJO!

Wow. Hey everyone! Sorry I went MIA...I've gotten stuck in my old ways and haven't tried anything new in a LONG time.

Until today.

Just ate lunch at a place that physically compelled me to write this review. It was that good.

I had a doctor's appointment this morning (left super irritated, but that's another story) and by the time I got out, it was lunch time! My feet instinctively took me to Subway on 24th, under the Castillian. I was about to go in, even though I had Subway twice last week and was tired of it, then I realized I wasn't too far from the "new" Co-Op Food Court.

So I moseyed on down there, remembering that I had wanted to try the taco trailer there- I had looked at the menu and the prices were super cheap and the tacos looked delicious.

Guys.

Guys.

Guys.

I walk up to Pueblo Viejo and there was ABSOLUTELY NO LINE, which is astounding, because it was 12:00 noon. I decided to do a Create-Your-Own breakfast taco. I got bacon, eggs, cheese, and jalapenos in a flour tortilla. And a Mexican Coke. ONLY $3.25.

Now, I think I've said it before, but I'm not crazy about eggs, so breakfast tacos gotta be GOOD for my approval. This trailer back home is my absolute number one breakfast taco stand of choice. Juan in a Million is good. Something about the cheese they use and the Don Juan mixture is just too much for me, though.

BUT PUEBLO VIEJO IS AMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZING. I ordered to go and sat down for about 3 minutes while the guy made my taco. I heard him cutting up the jalapenos- it's FRESH and MADE TO ORDER. Got to the CMA to sit down and eat and OOOOOOOH MYYYYYY GODDDDDDDD. So so so good. Rivals the stand back home. They also have a hot sauce that's not too hot but give it a nice kick.

The tacos are a bit small, or at least mine was, so I will definitely get 2 next time. Especially since they're so cheap!

Taco Viejo is something I WILL be having again very soon. I'm told the Pueblo Viejo Taco is INSANELY good.

Monday-Friday 7am - 3pm
Located behind the University of Texas Co-op, between Guadalupe and San Antonio

Definitely a 5/5!

P.S: Sorry no picture! Wasn't planning on doing a review. It was just THAT GOOD.

So, in Breakfast-Taco summary:
              Taco Loco >(or equal to) Pueblo Viejo > Juan in a Million

No comments:

Post a Comment